Professor Christopher Lynn
8 April 2014
Dating App Extra Credit
- Used my real name and information
- Got a lot of matches at first but only a sliver of these matches actually contacted me
- A few of the people that did contact me were way too straight forward and clearly just wanted to hookup to the point where it was kind of gross and creepy
- Had some very nice individuals contact me that even offered to take me out (considering they were women and this usually does not happen the first date)
Questions- Is a dating app such as tinder more efficient since it allows users to narrow down the certain characteristics in the other people that they desire?
- Just like tinder I used my actual information and name.
- Did not get as many matches as tinder but I also feel this is because grinder is less college student affiliated.
- Had a few people contact me.
- Less people were as straight forward to just hookup as compared to tinder
- Seemed like more sophisticated individuals as opposed to sex addicts.
Questions- Have people in a way given up on trying to find people that can match with them through personal contact as opposed to dating websites and apps such as these?